To all attendees of the 6th BioProScale Symposium 2020 in Berlin
Update 20 March 2020: New date available
The 6th BioProScale Symposium will be postponed to 29 to 31 March 2021 at the same location in Berlin.
Update 19 March 2020: Handling of refund requests
We will provide a full refund of the registration fees for attendees and exhibitors. Please apply here: biotechnologie.ifgb.de/bioproscale2020/refund
Update 16 March 2020: All public events with more than 50 people in Berlin are prohibited by law
On Saturday, March 14, the Berlin Senate Administration published a regulation that - among other points - all public an non-public events and gatherings with more than 50 people in Berlin are prohibited with immediate effect. This confirms, that our decision from 12 March to cancel/postpone our symposium was right.
Update 12 March 2020: BioProScale Symposium 2020 postponed
On Wednesday, March 11, the President of Technische Universität Berlin has enacted, that all conferences, events and scientific meetings with participation of members of TU Berlin in the next weeks must be cancelled due to the Covid 19 crisis.
Since the BioProScale Symposium is a joint project of TU Berlin, Chair of Bioprocess Engineering, and Institut für Gärungsgewerbe und Biotechnologie zu Berlin (IfGB), we decided consensually today, to postpone the 6th BioProScale Symposium, initially scheduled from March 30 to April 1, 2020, in Berlin.
More information about the new date, location and about options concerning refunds are coming soon.
Thank you for your understanding!
Update 11 March 2020
We understand that concerns about the COVID-19 crisis are currently top of mind for the attendees of the 6th BioProScale Symposium. As organizers, we continue to monitoring the development in Germany and Europe very carefully and will follow any recommendations or restrictions from the local authorities in terms of conducting public events, of course.
The current situation looks as follows:
- There are a low number of infections with Covid-19 already detected in Berlin (slowly increasing)
- Currently there are no travelling restrictions to and from Berlin, the public life runs mostly normal
- The Berlin airports and railway stations are open
- The German Federal Ministry for Health recommend to cancel public events with more than 1000 people – currently 220 participants are registered for the BioProScale Symposium
- We don’t expect delegates from Covid-19 hotspots from China, Korea, Iran, Italy. But we are not able to track back all personal contacts from 200+ participants reliably
- At our convention site, all recommended hygienic measures will be taken in order to reduce the health risk for all participants
- People with obvious infection symptoms like fever, cough, difficulty breathing won’t get admission to the convention site
- Nevertheless a remaining risk cannot be eliminated totally. So the final decision, to attend or not to attend the symposium, has to be taken individually.
At present, we don’t plan to cancel or reschedule the event. In case of a significant change of the COVID-19 situation in Berlin we will reconsider this decision as may be necessary and inform all registered participants immediately.
Your BioProScale 2020 local Organization Board